Early Omaha: Gateway to the West
|Collections||Exhibits||Street Map||Search||FAQs||Early Omaha Home|
The hardware company that eventually became the Wright & Wilhelmy Company started business in 1871 in Nebraska City as the Larson & Wilhelmy Company. In 1876 it became the Rector & Wilhelmy Company. In 1883 the company moved to Omaha, locating itself on the corner of 10th & Harney, where it remained until 1989. In 1902 the company became the Wright & Wilhelmy Company, which it remains to this day. In 1990 it moved to 11005 E St. after having spent a little over a century at its original Omaha address.
Text written by Jason Kaspar, Summer 2003
Brown, G. Herbert, ed. The Industries of Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha: Industrial Publishing Company, 1887. Pages 90-91.
Omaha City Directory: 1884-present