The photographs, graphics, texts, and other materials on this site are provided by the Omaha Public Library. Permission to reproduce these in any form, other than for personal individual use must be obtained in writing from the Omaha Public Library. Fees may apply. Digital TIFF images are available.
Conditions for use of digital material
The right to use digital materials from Omaha Public Library is on a one-time use only basis, with the following conditions:
- That proper credit be used. Unless more specifically stated by the Library, credit must always minimally read: From the collections of the Omaha Public Library. Credit statement must accompany each image.
- That proper citation be used. The purpose of citation is twofold: for proper credit, and to allow others to find and verify the information being cited. Complete citation includes, if applicable: author or photographer, title or image number, the URL, and the date.
- There is no misrepresentation of the images, recordings, text or other material so as to falsify the information they present.
- That the user assumes responsibility for all questions concerning copyright violation, photographic releases, invasion of privacy, slander, and/or libel resulting from the use of the texts, images, or recordings. Copyright for some material(s) on these pages may be held by others. The transmission or reproduction of these protected items, beyond that of fair use, requires the written permission of the copyright owner(s). Additionally, copyright on other historical materials appearing here may be difficult or impossible to determine; nevertheless, determinations of appropriate use are the responsibility of the user.
- That no manipulation of any kind be made to the Omaha Public Library digital image file(s) without written permission from Omaha Public Library. Manipulation includes but is not limited to the following: contrast adjustments, rotation, inversion, sharpness, tonal adjustments, resolution, and removal or alteration, in any manner, or details inherent to the original image.
- That any applicable fee required be paid in advance to the Omaha Public Library. Users must also sign an Image Reproduction Permission agreement. Individual personal use of images printed directly from our web site is an exception.
For more information about digital imaging use and fees contact the Omaha Public Library by calling 402-444-4800 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have information about unidentified people or places in our photographs, please contact Library staff at email@example.com with the information.
Including the Local Accession/Call Number of the item, or a link to the item, will allow us to update our records.
This site is dedicated to the idea of an open dialogue concerning the past. The opinions expressed in interpretive materials are not necessarily those of the Omaha Public Library, but are those of the authors or creators of the material.
Some of the historical materials on this site may contain negative, inappropriate, or offensive connotations reflective of a culture or language of a period or place in our past. These materials are presented here as part of the historical record.